"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."
Dean William R. Inge
"Let us all rejoice in our work"
All schools have a set of aims on which the school is built and to which it aspires.
Walhampton aims, as a coeducational day and boarding school, to:
- Promote the importance of moral, spiritual and social values, inspired by the school's underlying Christian ethos.
- Be a dynamic school in which teaching is exemplary and pupils develop both the discipline of study and the joy of learning.
- Develop the academic, creative and sporting talents of each child, ensuring a broad and balanced education of the whole person.
- Be a distinctly happy school to which children and adults feel a deep loyalty - a place in which children can laugh, feel safe and enjoy being children.
- Inspire in every child a love of nature and the outdoors.
- Be a school that is outward looking, building links with parents and the local community, as well as celebrating cultures from around the world.
- Develop in every child a strength of character so they leave Walhampton as confident, capable, compassionate and independent minded young people.
This set of aims provides our school with a distinctive identity and strong sense of direction. It captures the essence of who we are and what we stand for and can be summed up in seven words:
Values, Learning, Breadth, Joy, Outdoors, Community and Character.